Terms of Reference: Vision and Values Committee
The committee shall consist of all foundation governors up to a minimum of 6 members of the Governing Body as well as the Headteacher who is as ex-officio a member of the committee.
Non-voting participants may be invited to meetings by the committee as and when required.
Chair: Rev A Hogarth
Clerk: Rev D Hall
Rev G Cutler, Mrs J Colling, Mr D Frost, Mr A Crompton, Mr A Holding and Mrs L Clayton.
The main function of the committee is to support, advise and challenge the Headteacher and the Governing Body on matters relating to the Christian distinctiveness and effectiveness of Brinscall St. Johns’ School as a church school and the impact which this has on the pupils and whole school community - in particular:
- the relationship between the school and the churches, namely Heapey St Barnabas, Withnell St Paul’s and Hillside Methodist;
- the development of joint projects between school and church;
- the relationship between the school and the local, national and global communities;
- the impact of worship on the school community;
- the effectiveness of religious education;
- the impact of Christian values within the curriculum and the wider life of the school;
- the way in which the school makes provision for the future leadership of church schools;
- the way in which the Christian character of the school is monitored and evaluated in terms of its impact on pupils, staff, parents and the wider community;
- to make recommendations to the Governing Body on relevant policy matters
- to support the Headteacher with the self-review documents and preparation for the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS);
- to look at the faith perspective of SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development) within the OFSTED framework;
- to monitor Race Equality, diversity, global education and multi-cultural links;
- to work alongside the Headteacher, staff and parents to review the mission policy and school aims.